Student Organizations and University Units
The Lectures Program staff advises student organizations and university units about arrangements for visiting scholars, artists, performers, public officials, and professionals on a wide range of topics.
However, funding assistance can only be obtained by a university-recognized student organization.
University units may reserve spaces on campus themselves or have the Lectures Program staff make reservations using the Lectures account.
Lectures Program staff assist with:
- researching speakers and topics
- scheduling and room reservations
- negotiating fees
- fundraising and identifying cosponsors
- publicity assistance
- room setups
- book signings, with onsite sales through the University Book Store
- technical and audio-visual arrangements
- taping services
- reception and catering arrangements
- accounting and paperwork