Planning a Lecture Event
The Lectures Program staff advises student organizations and university units about arrangements for visiting scholars, artists, performers, public officials, and professionals on a wide range of topics.
Lectures Program staff assist with:
- researching speakers and topics
- scheduling and room reservations
- negotiating fees
- fundraising and identifying cosponsors
- publicity assistance
- room setups
- book signings, with onsite sales through the University Book Store
- technical and audio-visual arrangements
- recording services
- reception and catering arrangements
- accounting and paperwork
Please utilize the resources within the Planning an Event section of this website. Contact the Lectures Program staff to set up an in person meeting in the Memorial Union or a virtual meeting to begin planning your next great event!