Student Organizations and University Units
COVID-19 NOTICE: PLEASE CONTACT LECTURES DIRECTLY BEFORE MAKING PLANS FOR FALL 2020 EVENTS.
The Lectures Program staff advises student organizations and university units about arrangements for visiting scholars, artists, performers, public officials, and professionals on a wide range of topics.
However, funding assistance can only be obtained by a university-recognized student organization.
University units may reserve spaces on campus themselves or have the Lectures Program staff make reservations using the Lectures account.
Lectures Program staff assist with:
- researching speakers and topics
- scheduling and room reservations
- negotiating fees
- fundraising and identifying cosponsors
- publicity assistance
- room setups
- book signings, with onsite sales through the University Book Store
- technical and audio-visual arrangements
- taping services
- reception and catering arrangements
- accounting and paperwork