George Washington Carver Day of Recognition Program
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Office of the President
- Tuskegee University
- Simpson College
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Celebrate Iowa's first George Washington Carver Day of Recognition!
This program will feature notable speakers including:
- Dr. Kenneth M. Quinn, former U.S. ambassador to Cambodia and president emeritus of The World Food Prize Foundation
- Dr. Dan Robinson, dean of ISU's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Dr. Wendy Wintersteen, ISU President
- Dr. Olga Bolden-Tiller, dean of Tuskegee University's College of Agriculture, Environment, and Nutrition Sciences
- Marsha Kelliher, president of Simpson College
- Dewayne Goldmon, senior advisor for racial equity to U.S. Secretary of Agriculture
- Simon Estes, internationally renown opera singer and the F. Wendell Miller Distinguished Artist in Residence at ISU's Department of Music and Theatre
A free and open reception will be begin at 5pm with foods inspired by Dr. Carver.
The program will begin at 5:30pm and conclude at 7pm with free ice cream from ISU Creamery.
This event will be recorded and available for two weeks on the Lectures website at https://www.lectures.iastate.edu/recordings/available-recordings Please allow 2-3 days for the Lecture to be edited, captioned and posted.
To access maps and directions to the Memorial Union, visit: https://www.mu.iastate.edu/parking--maps/maps--directions/
For information about parking in the Memorial Union parking ramp, visit: https://www.mu.iastate.edu/parking--maps/parking/