Making T–Shirts Out of Pop Bottles
Thursday, 04 Oct 2018 at 7:00 pm – Sun Room, Memorial UnionMike Draper is the owner of RAYGUN, the Des Moines-based t-shirt company known for its Iowa-themed apparel with its own quirky and unique sense of humor. RAYGUN has been called “The Greatest Store in the Universe” by RAYGUN. With locations in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and Kansas City, the company sells about $4 million worth of words on things every year, employing 65 people in the process. Its headquarters in Des Moines is only about 6 blocks from the hospital where Mike was born, so, geographically speaking, Mike has not come very far in life.
Celebrating 10 Years of the Live Green! Initiative
Come early to learn more about what Iowa State students are doing to promote sustainability on campus, in our communities, and around the world.
Student organizations will share information and displays prior to the talk, 6:15-7:00pm.
- Office of Sustainability
- The Green Umbrella
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Stay for the entire event, including the brief question-and-answer session that follows the formal presentation. Most events run 75 minutes.
Sign-ins are after the event concludes. For lectures in the Memorial Union, go to the information desk in the Main Lounge. In other academic buildings, look for signage outside the auditorium.
- Stay for the entire lecture and the brief audience Q&A. If a student needs to leave early, he or she should sit near the back and exit discreetly.
- Do not bring food or uncovered drinks into the lecture.
- Check with Lectures staff before taking photographs or recording any portion of the event. There are often restrictions. Cell phones, tablets and laptops may be used to take notes or for class assignments.
- Keep questions or comments brief and concise to allow as many as possible.