Trade Relations and U.S. Agriculture
Tuesday, 04 Sep 2018 at 6:30 pm – Great Hall, Memorial UnionTom Vilsack served as Secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture for eight years and is currently president and CEO of the U.S. Dairy Export Council. As Secretary of Agriculture he worked to strengthen rural communities and ensure a safe, sufficient and nutritious food supply for Americans at home but also to expand markets abroad. He has been honored for his public service and work to advance American agriculture by the Congressional Hunger Center, National Corn Growers Association, American Farm Bureau, and National Farmers Union. Tom Vilsack served as Governor of Iowa from 1999 to 2007. Part of the Technology, Globalization and Culture Series
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Stay for the entire event, including the brief question-and-answer session that follows the formal presentation. Most events run 75 minutes.
Sign-ins are after the event concludes. For lectures in the Memorial Union, go to the information desk in the Main Lounge. In other academic buildings, look for signage outside the auditorium.
- Stay for the entire lecture and the brief audience Q&A. If a student needs to leave early, he or she should sit near the back and exit discreetly.
- Do not bring food or uncovered drinks into the lecture.
- Check with Lectures staff before taking photographs or recording any portion of the event. There are often restrictions. Cell phones, tablets and laptops may be used to take notes or for class assignments.
- Keep questions or comments brief and concise to allow as many as possible.