Catholic Bishops of Mexico and the United States on Immigration
Wednesday, 24 Oct 2018 at 7:00 pm – Sun Room, Memorial UnionFifteen years ago, in 2003, Catholic Bishops from Mexico and the United States issued a joint document on immigration titled "Strangers No Longer: Together on a Journey of Hope." It was to encourage persons of good will to consider the causes and effects of migration. Anne Clifford, the Msgr. James A. Supple Chair in Catholic Studies at Iowa State, will discuss this historic document, with attention to Catholic biblically rooted social justice principles and current developments. Msgr. James A. Supple Lecture Series
- Catholic Student Community
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church & Student Center
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Stay for the entire event, including the brief question-and-answer session that follows the formal presentation. Most events run 75 minutes.
Sign-ins are after the event concludes. For lectures in the Memorial Union, go to the information desk in the Main Lounge. In other academic buildings, look for signage outside the auditorium.
- Stay for the entire lecture and the brief audience Q&A. If a student needs to leave early, he or she should sit near the back and exit discreetly.
- Do not bring food or uncovered drinks into the lecture.
- Check with Lectures staff before taking photographs or recording any portion of the event. There are often restrictions. Cell phones, tablets and laptops may be used to take notes or for class assignments.
- Keep questions or comments brief and concise to allow as many as possible.