4th Congressional District Democratic Candidate Forum
Thursday, 26 Apr 2018 at 6:30 pm – South Ballroom, Memorial UnionThe Iowa State College Democrats will host a forum with candidates running for the Democratic nomination for the 4th Congressional District, which includes the city of Ames and Iowa State University. The primary election is scheduled for June 5. The three Candidates will address issues of concern to Iowa State University students in brief opening remarks and then take questions, which can be submitted online. Participants include Leann Jacobsen of Spencer, John Paschen of Ames, and J. D. Scholten of Sioux City. Part of the Campaign 2018 Series, providing the university and community with opportunities to question candidates before the election.
A candidate meet-and-greet will precede the forum at 6:00pm.
Link: Online Question Submission Form
- Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women & Politics
- ISU Democrats
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Stay for the entire event, including the brief question-and-answer session that follows the formal presentation. Most events run 75 minutes.
Sign-ins are after the event concludes. For lectures in the Memorial Union, go to the information desk in the Main Lounge. In other academic buildings, look for signage outside the auditorium.
- Stay for the entire lecture and the brief audience Q&A. If a student needs to leave early, he or she should sit near the back and exit discreetly.
- Do not bring food or uncovered drinks into the lecture.
- Check with Lectures staff before taking photographs or recording any portion of the event. There are often restrictions. Cell phones, tablets and laptops may be used to take notes or for class assignments.
- Keep questions or comments brief and concise to allow as many as possible.