*CANCELED* Iowa and the Fight to Stop Human Trafficking
Tuesday, 28 Nov 2017 at 5:00 pm – Sun Room, Memorial UnionThis event has been canceled.
Panel discussion including human trafficking investigator Mike Ferjak with the Office of the Attorney General and Alissa Stoehr, who teaches in the Women's and Gender Studies Program and advises the Iowa State Network Against Human Trafficking.
- Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking and Slavery
- Iowa State University Network against Human Trafficking
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Stay for the entire event, including the brief question-and-answer session that follows the formal presentation. Most events run 75 minutes.
Sign-ins are after the event concludes. For lectures in the Memorial Union, go to the information desk in the Main Lounge. In other academic buildings, look for signage outside the auditorium.
- Stay for the entire lecture and the brief audience Q&A. If a student needs to leave early, he or she should sit near the back and exit discreetly.
- Do not bring food or uncovered drinks into the lecture.
- Check with Lectures staff before taking photographs or recording any portion of the event. There are often restrictions. Cell phones, tablets and laptops may be used to take notes or for class assignments.
- Keep questions or comments brief and concise to allow as many as possible.