Coalition–Building and US National Security Policy: A Military Perspective
Col. Evelio Otero
Wednesday, 11 Oct 2006 at 8:00 pm – Sun Room, Memorial UnionCol. Evelio Otero is the Chief for the Sovereign Nation Engagement Plan for Special Operations Command. He was previously assigned to US Central Command as an Intelligence Operations Branch Chief, then served as Intelligence Operations Division Chief-Forward, and, finally, Chief of Coalition Intelligence for planning of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. He was deployed for 18 months to Afghanistan and Iraq as a member of General Franks staff, and will be able to provide accounts of war planning from the perspective of an operations Division Chief at the Combatant Command level two layers removed from the President. He graduated from Iowa State in 1982 and attended Air War College. Part of the World Affairs Series
- World Affairs
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Stay for the entire event, including the brief question-and-answer session that follows the formal presentation. Most events run 75 minutes.
Sign-ins are after the event concludes. For lectures in the Memorial Union, go to the information desk in the Main Lounge. In other academic buildings, look for signage outside the auditorium.
- Stay for the entire lecture and the brief audience Q&A. If a student needs to leave early, he or she should sit near the back and exit discreetly.
- Do not bring food or uncovered drinks into the lecture.
- Check with Lectures staff before taking photographs or recording any portion of the event. There are often restrictions. Cell phones, tablets and laptops may be used to take notes or for class assignments.
- Keep questions or comments brief and concise to allow as many as possible.