Jim Hightower Campus Tour for Sensible Federal Budget Priorities
Thursday, 07 Sep 2006 at 12:00 pm – Central Campus, Iowa State University, Rain location: Great Hall, Memorial UnionJim Hightower will discuss current federal budget priorities and how changes can be made to provide for children's health insurance, education, alternative energy development, job training, and world hunger efforts. Sensible Iowans will be there with their "Carny Mobile" containing interactive and enjoyable educational carnival style games to teach players about our current federal budget. Free pens and other goodies. Jim Hightower will be touring Iowa's universities and community colleges on behalf of Iowans for Sensible Priorities.
- Amnesty International, Ames/ISU Chapter
- Awareness of Global Justice
- Iowans for Sensible Priorities
- Committee on Lectures (funded by Student Government)
Stay for the entire event, including the brief question-and-answer session that follows the formal presentation. Most events run 75 minutes.
Sign-ins are after the event concludes. For lectures in the Memorial Union, go to the information desk in the Main Lounge. In other academic buildings, look for signage outside the auditorium.
- Stay for the entire lecture and the brief audience Q&A. If a student needs to leave early, he or she should sit near the back and exit discreetly.
- Do not bring food or uncovered drinks into the lecture.
- Check with Lectures staff before taking photographs or recording any portion of the event. There are often restrictions. Cell phones, tablets and laptops may be used to take notes or for class assignments.
- Keep questions or comments brief and concise to allow as many as possible.